Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pregnancy Update {22 weeks}


I am in the phase of this pregnancy where I feel great! Really! I don't have the nausea or heartburn anymore, the migraines have subsided, I'm sleeping fine, I have nothing to complain about really!

I had an appointment with the midwife today. Everything seems good. Baby's heart rate was 155, it was 161 at the ultrasound appointment last week. She seems to be staying in the 150/160 range. We went over the ultrasound information. Everything seems to check out great. Baby looks good, the location of my placenta is good, nothing that peaks any concern. Which is a relief to me. With Bug they had scared me with all sorts of things. I had multiple ultrasounds with him, but strictly for monitoring purposes, there was nothing they could have done in the womb anyway. So that was frustrating. But I am glad we are in the clear with this little one. The ultrasound measured my due date at July 7th, which is 4 days later than calculated. It will be interesting to see when this little one makes her appearance. I already have a holiday baby, I wonder if I'll have another? 

We took another blood draw for my hormone levels. Please pray they come back high so I can stop taking the progesterone shots! 

Cravings? Well, nothing specific, just food in general! Oh my gosh, my appetite is enormous! I have kind of slipped on the healthy eating since we went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago. I need to get back on the healthy food train, but the food that is looking and tasting the best is of course the stuff that isn't really all that good for me, or lets face it, it isn't good for me at all! But, I'm going to try really hard this week to go back to a healthier diet!

Trying to pick out a girls name has been way more difficult than it was to pick out either of the boys' names! Still trying to wrap our heads around the idea of having a girl. It will be so different for us, but we are excited! 

I didn't get many stretch marks with the boys, mainly just around my belly button, but they weren't very noticeable... until now! My old stretch marks are getting darker, yet there aren't any new ones showing up. I would like it if I didn't get anymore, but it is what it is! 

Another thing that is a bit more strange about this pregnancy is that my belly button never "popped" with my prior two pregnancies. It just basically went flat, hardly noticeable that I had one! In this pregnancy my belly button is sticking out, which is just strange, it has been for over a month now too. It'll be interesting to see what happens as I get closer to my due date.

Was/is there a time in your pregnancy that you just feel great? The second trimester is really my favorite! But I also like the third trimester when I can play "what's that body part" as the baby moves from one side of my belly to the other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment