Friday, December 13, 2013

Disney On Ice, Passport to Adventure - Reveiw

Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets to the show to help facilitate my review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own and honest.

A couple weeks before the show I told Squirrel we were going to see Disney On Ice. Having never been to this type of thing before he was actually a little scared. He asked if his friends were going to be there. I told him they weren't but that he would have fun. About a week before the show we were watching a program on TV (rarely happens around here) and a commercial for Disney On Ice, Passport to Adventure came on. I said "Squirrel, that's what we are going to see!". He then got really excited!

Show night came. Squirrel was all ready to see some of his favorite characters on the ice. But of course we had to stop for some souvenirs before the show started! While I wasn't planning on getting something for myself, I saw the Ariel snow cone mug! Squirrel wanted the sword!



The premise of the show is that Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy are traveling. They visit many different places where they hear the stories of The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch, and Peter Pan.



They started off with The Lion King. Which happened to have my favorite costume of the night! Pumba!


The skater inside this costume must have been hunched over, kind of skating on all fours. It was a very impressive feat! They did a few songs and told Simba's story before moving on to The Little Mermaid. 

Honestly, this was my favorite part!


I loved the Little Mermaid growing up. This part of the show brought me back to my childhood. I don't know if I should really admit it, but I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones, it almost brought me to tears!

To portray Ursula as a giant (scene towards end of movie) they bring out a huge inflatable Ursula. She is then taken down by the Prince with the triton which had some firework effects.

Next up was Lilo and Stitch. I'm not as familiar with this movie, I saw it once when it came out, but didn't remember much of it.

There was a short intermission for bathroom breaks and to fix up the ice before the last story of the night.

Then came Squirrels favorite part... Peter Pan!


The props used where phenomenal. Peter, Wendy, John and Michael flew across the ice, Captain Hook had a pirate ship, and a large inflatable alligator came out at the end of the show to gobble up Captain Hook! While all the boys in the audience were excited to see Peter, the ship and the pirates, the girls were all looking forward to seeing Tinkerbell, who was looking lovely as usual!

The grand finale included all the cast on the ice with a fun display of fireworks.


I'm really looking forward to returning to see Disney On Ice when Bug is older and can manage to sit still for more than five minutes. I think he would really enjoy it!

Daddy, Squirrel and myself had a good time. Squirrel is already asking when he can go again! But I may have liked it even more than he did.  


Have you had the opportunity to see Disney On Ice? Did you go as a kid or did you take your kids or grandkids? What was your favorite part?





No comments:

Post a Comment